[consulting] managing many sites

Richard Archer drupal.org at juggernaut.com.au
Thu Dec 15 04:25:54 UTC 2005

At 7:47 PM -0800 14/12/05, Jason Flatt wrote:

>I've always equated CVS to being unstable.  (For example, E17.)  Are you
>saying that Drupal CVS is rather stable and not any more likely to break a
>site than the "official" stable versions?

Don't run the HEAD of the CVS repository on a production server!
Even if Drupal isn't broken, contrib modules will be.

The idea of using CVS is that you check out the 4.6 release branch
from CVS. And you can then use cvs update to suck down updates.

Something like:

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at cvs.drupal.org:/cvs/drupal \
co -r DRUPAL-4-6 drupal

Then to update you just do: