[consulting] Drupal Marketing and Consulting - Was: Fedora Core and the CMS Discussion

Laura Scott laura at pingv.com
Thu Dec 15 17:11:26 UTC 2005

Gunnar, I think you expressed that quite well. I, too, feel that the
meta-project is going in the right direction. The ongoing improvements
on the site, in the handbooks, etc.

There could be a lot more, sure. But speaking for myself, pre-Joomla at
least, I found Mambo's site resources to be confusing. I know many
people have pointed there as a model of what could be, but I consider it
a warning, too. While we might take a page from their book, so to speak,
there's a lot to Drupal.org that already is better -- and not just that
it's running Drupal.

I especially like how there have been incremental efforts to build more
community -- to find resources, to engage in conversations, to
brainstorm ideas. I look forward to more, and the sub-communities idea
for major packages gets a big +1 from me.

FWIW, I don't consider your remarks a rant. No apologies necessary, for
me anyway.

Laura

pingVision <http://www.pingv.com> | interactive media design
*Laura Scott*, President