[consulting] DrupalCOM: european Small Business distro

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Thu Dec 15 21:56:25 UTC 2005

Op donderdag 15 december 2005 19:44, schreef Laura Scott:
> I don't mean to be contrarian here. That's just my own business
> philosophy. I don't turn away a client ready to buy, but I don't want to
> disable features just to lower the site to his/her expectations.

Laura,

we are not discussing removal *forever*. In fact what I want to achieve with
this DrupalCOM is precisely what yyou want.

Only i think that trowing people into the deep, jsut like that is a bad route
to take. Hell, still 90% of the inter-net surfers does so on IE, while anyone
knows that safari/firefox/konq/opera is waaaay better. And Just Installing
[tm] Firefox for them often makes them even more like
 Open Source is poop. Look: My Favorite Movie Trailer Watch Site, or My Bank
doesnt even work in it.

Same goes for Drupal. If they do *not* want logins, or *not* want Posted By
Nathaly on 12 / 12 / 05, they might have a reason for that. But if you go
ahead and tell them they really need it, they will get angry.

But if you give them what they want, they will get back to you soon, after
they grow into the site, after they grok the concepts, they might (and will)
get back with things like 'can we not handle all feedback online (forums)' or
'is there a way to post more often, on a personal basis (blogs)'.

There is only so much a person ca, will and wants to learn for his or her
site.

Bèr

 PGP ber at webschuur.com
  http://www.webschuur.com/sites/webschuur.com/files/ber_webschuur.asc