[consulting] DrupalCOM: european Small Business distro

Richard Archer drupal.org at juggernaut.com.au
Thu Dec 15 22:40:41 UTC 2005

At 2:22 PM +0100 15/12/05, Bèr Kessels wrote:

>* Able to add hierarchical data, to gather usefull articles etc (about, route,
>prices, philosophy etc)
>* Able to add and remove single pages in a simple menu (about us, etc)
>* Maintain a few lists with articles, for products or services
>* Maintain a list of recent articles (blogs, news), with a configurable date.
>* Simple managment of one or two custom blocks.
>* Simple, single, contact form, possibly with saving feedback on-site.
>* Each artilce and page has a coounterpart in another language.
>* Simple image managment in two ways:
> ** add fancy images to about us pages, to contact forms etc. (aka, learn the
>f*ing HTML, with a simple upload system)
> ** Add simple pre-styled images to news/products. (like image module)
>* Clear and transparant admin/moderation interface.
>
>It is also good to note what should NOT be included:
>* Login / advanced user management (log in for moderateors only)
>* Comments, forums, trackers and other tipical community ware
>* User/post/date details on various pages, including in search!
>* Moderation qeues, promoted entries, and other community-centric workflows.

I would add to this list some more things:

* Must be easy for the site owner to maintain the site.
* Search Engine Friendly URLs.
* Allow file downloads from pages (e.g. catalog.pdf).

Perhaps we need a "Drupal Lite" distro. CivicSpace has created
the ultimate "Drupal Plus" distro, but for most of the sites I
work on, I spend more time hiding features than adding them.

 ...R.