[consulting] Synchronizing data between a desktop database application and Drupal/mysql

Gordon Heydon gordon at heydon.com.au
Fri Dec 16 02:44:24 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have got a job coming up that is going to be doing some synchronising
of data between the web site and a VB application that can be used to
view and update data offline.

Basically my idea is that the transport will be xml-rpc so that
application can talk directly to the web site, and the copying of data
can be interactive so that if an update has been made on the site and on
the offline application the conflict can be resolved.

This also means that there doesn't need to be any messing about with csv
files and the like. Also I think that this can be dove tailed with
active sync so that the sync is a little more intelligent.

Gordon.