[consulting] Levels of websites

Gunnar Langemark gunnar at langemark.com
Fri Dec 16 08:53:30 UTC 2005

Boris Mann wrote:
> My friend Troy Angrignon wrote what I consider to be a great post on
> the 18 levels of *mental* evolution that people/companies/clients go
> through in thinking about their websites.
>
> See http://www.troyangrignon.com/blog/_archives/2005/6/19/955532.html

Excellent read.
:-)

The trick is:

   1. Get your new phase 1-2-3 client.
   2. 'Make an install that is easy and simple - a "rolled back" Drupal
      installation with very few things in UI and in Admin UI to take
      away focus.
   3. Build your brochure site on that
   4. Manage your client - educate him
   5. Activate functionality and interface step by step making sure he's
      not overwhelmed
   6. Make him happy - impressed - proud
   7. Invoice him!

Then your'e in business.

:-)

Let Drupal be the platform which give you an edge on your competitors,
because letting your clients grow over time is such a walkover - no
sweat. Make your competitors sweat by raising the bar, and have them
work night and day (until they either fold or ask you for help).

Sounds simple?
Isn't

Most of us are way too deep into the technical stuff to even begin to
really understand the mindsets of our clients.
We take to much for granted.

Best
Gunnar