[consulting] Levels of websites

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Fri Dec 16 10:58:41 UTC 2005

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 09:53:30 +0100, Gunnar Langemark
<gunnar at langemark.com> wrote:

> Boris Mann wrote:
>> My friend Troy Angrignon wrote what I consider to be a great post on
>> the 18 levels of *mental* evolution that people/companies/clients go
>> through in thinking about their websites.
>>
>> See http://www.troyangrignon.com/blog/_archives/2005/6/19/955532.html
>
> Excellent read.
> :-)

Let's see some fallacies.

"I'm sure getting a lot of complaints about my site from people using
other browsers and other machines" -- _sure thing_ I have yet to see a
client who came to me with this. Despite hard data many clients still
think IE is the world.

"Hey, let's start blogging!" -- well, I am really living in a different
part of the world, but a businessman making this decision... I see this as
a huge leap (or impossible leap)

Most cases it's 3) and then a CMS based brochureware site (but even this
is a new, a stale and rotting web site made by the neighbor kid was
extremely common) and then stop.