[consulting] DrupalCOM: european Small Business distro

John Sechrest sechrest at jas.peak.org
Fri Dec 16 14:56:10 UTC 2005

Dries Buytaert <dries.buytaert at gmail.com> writes:

 % None of the complaints or features in this thread were specific or
 % limited to small businesses ... except for the business-specific pre-
 % configured navigation structure, maybe.  The DrupalCOM distribution
 % should be a 50-line MySQL file.  All the other improvements should go
 % to core.

 As a way to set configuration, it is not clear to me that
 having a 50-line MySQL file does not seem like a great target.

 I agree that the goal should be to have all of the features
 together and that the functionality should be configuration.

 So DrupalCom should be DrupalCore + modules + ConfigFile

 One of the hard parts of this, is that there is no way to
 extract this set of data from a running site, except by handwork.

 If I have a working site, seperating the configuration choices
 from the client data is a handwork job.

 The consulting list will generate conversation that may have
 development value. However, the eyes of the developer and the
 eyes consultant are not the same. There may be overlap,
 and certainly some of these discussions need to be
 refactored into the development list. But we need to leave
 some space for the consulting conversation.

-----
                        .           computers and the Internet
                          .            more effectively
                             .