[consulting] DrupalCOM: european Small Business distro

John Sechrest sechrest at jas.peak.org
Sun Dec 18 02:56:23 UTC 2005

Laura Scott <laura at pingv.com> writes:

 % Rather than focus on features, I try to focus on goals. What do they
 % want to achieve with the website. Advertising? Better customer service?
 % Online sales? Etc.

 % Is that the direction you're going with this?

 In a sense. What I see DrupalCom trying to do is to extract a bunch
 of the common actions needed for a basic level 3 site.
 If that common set of tasks includes asking the same question
 and creating the same kind of content, then you can abstract
 those parts that are common.

 We all know that we want to have a "contact page" and so when
 we are working on asking questions, we ask the details we need
 to know to make that page happen.

 If we can identify the skeleton of the pages that we expect
 to be around, then we can include those into the process.

 And if we can abstract the common questions,
 then we might actually be able to build a site,
 which if the drupalCom is set up on it, you can just
 answer a bunch of questions, and poof the complete
 simple version of the skeleton site is up and going.

-----
                        .           computers and the Internet
                          .            more effectively
                             .