[consulting] Req for (paid) support

John Sechrest sechrest at jas.peak.org
Sun Dec 25 23:37:45 UTC 2005

Dries Buytaert <dries.buytaert at gmail.com> writes:

 % What is the difference between a 'regular support question' and a
 % 'consulting question'?  Just the poster's job title?

 the depth of the exploration and the process of turning it into a
 recipe that works for many clients.

 Solving the problem once is not the same as solving it many times.

 And you want to have an efficiency of solving it many times.

 The typical support question is answered as a one time deal, with out
 regard to support, maintenance or stability. It answers how do I get
 this one instance working.

 As consultants, we want to understand the efficiencies in the process
 and understand where things can be stablilized and replicated.

-----
                        .           computers and the Internet
                          .            more effectively
                             .