[consulting] Req for (paid) support

Dan Robinson dan at drob.org
Sun Dec 25 22:58:15 UTC 2005

I think we're juggling a couple of things here - which is why it is a
complex question.

1) Technical vs. Consulting - I think that we need to ultimately make
this distinction - otherwise we wind up with two different lists dealing
with technical issues.
2) Culture - I like the Consulting list a lot because I feel "at home"
here.  I feel like an observer (and sometimes pest) on the Dev list.
3) Size of the community - One issue to address is that as the size of
the community grows so must the number of lists.
4) Requirements and Decision making - Consultants have a unique and
important view of the product, the community and it's users.

I would suggest we really try to put any question that has to deal with
the implementation of technology on the dev list.  Otherwise we run the
risk of splitting important participants off the conversation.  I think
that the Consulting list should deal with all of "our" issues - that are
not shared within the rest of the community.  Obviously this is not
perfect - but we could start here and see how it goes.

Also as far as the job announcements I think it is fine to put them on
this list for now - we can always move them.

Dan