[consulting] the Ultimate forum based Malinglist Manager

Ryan Grace ryan at realenergy.net
Thu Dec 29 18:38:37 UTC 2005

My goodness,
  I would love to test any code that is available.
  We have alot of work to do to catch up with groupserver.org/features
  Being that its Zope/Plone though... its REALLY not for every server!

  I am crossing my fingers for something that allows various levels of
subscription like yahoo groups... you know.. recieve emails, html
emails, digests, or NO email at all...
  People are used to this functionality.
  As of now I am planning on copying the code from drupalart.org and
putting it in a <?php snippet that hides it from the public non-group
members on the homepage of each group.  That way atleast the group
members can sign up and cancel their mailing list subscriptions from the
group homepage for mailman which seems to be a robust enough solution..
  I am interested to try the sympa integration unless someone lets me
know its no longer being pursued..

  I know that organic groups is being developed actively and already has
alot of features that make it an elegant and unique solution.. not to
mention drupal civicspace which is overflowing with features you cant
find anywhere.  groupserver.org just seems to have the forum-email thing
wrapped up in a nice single package that makes me a little jealous...

let me know how I can help,
thanks,
ryan
thefractal.org