[consulting] the Ultimate forum based Malinglist Manager

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Fri Dec 30 18:26:46 UTC 2005

On Dec 30, 2005, at 8:40 AM, Dan Robinson wrote:
> Respectfully this is not helping the discussion much.  Do you guys
> have
> a plan?  When will it be revealed?  What is the schedule?

We are focusing on writing code.

CivicSpace Labs has maintained Mailhandler, Listhandler, MassMailer
and checked our code into a public and well know code repository,
Drupal CVS.

We have done prototypes, http://dgroups.civicspacelabs.org, and
distribute these modules as part of the CivicSpace distribution and
provide support here: http://civicspacelabs.org/home/community

We have documented them extensively http://civicspacelabs.org/home/
dgroups-recipe, http://civicspacelabs.org/home/dgroups-case-study,
http://drupal.org/handbooks/mailhandler, http://drupal.org/handbooks/
massmailer, http://drupal.org/handbooks/listhandler, http://
drupal.org/node/40777

We have committed code and done significant re-writes to Organic
Groups to enable mailing list integration as well as integration with
CiviCRM to allow for contact management.

http://drupal.org/node/28781-Introduce OG user hook
node_access table
http://cvs.drupal.org/viewcvs/drupal/contributions/modules/og/contrib/
og_civicrm/

We have also worked with Moshe(http://cvs.drupal.org/viewcvs/drupal/
contributions/modules/listhandler/contrib/email_list_mailman/) and
Peter John Hartman (http://cvs.drupal.org/viewcvs/drupal/
contributions/modules/mlist/) to disucss their mailing list
integration implementations which don't meet our security and mailing
list creation needs.

> Is there a reason that this is not being pursued in the light of day?

We are focused on writing code.  When it's ready we will check it
into a public repository and document it like we do with
everything.   If there are developers who want to write significant
code contributions we are happy to work with them as we have in
recent meetings with Allie, from CivicActions.  Conversations about
infinite features on infinite platform combinations that are not
backed with collaborative code contributions in a publicly accessible
repository have not proved useful in the past.

Cheers,
Kieran