[consulting] Drupal considerd dangerous

Kaliya * identitywoman at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 01:48:12 UTC 2006

On 12/24/06, Khalid B <kb at 2bits.com> wrote:

> Kaliya
>
> I can't comment on the specifics of the case you mentioned, since there is
> so little mentioned as to what went wrong, why it went wrong, ...etc. As
> much as I want to respond to that part, there is not much to go by here.
>
> However, you are making a worse mistake by saying that you are "waiting
> for a Ruby solution for your needs".
>
> None of the issues you (or Evan or others) alluded to are
> technology/platform based, yet, you think that another technology/platform
> is the cure-all for your ills.

I don't think it is a 'cure-all' for my ills. I want to build something very
specific that i have in mind. I attempted as best I could to get that vision
to manifest in drupal and it cost me a lot and I didnt' get to far. It also
was clear that although Dries has said useability is important. It really
was not going ot change at a end-user level for quite a while (years).  So
after hacking out the 'creat content'  page that my end-users would see if
they wanted to do a blog post...to instead jsut go to a 'post a blog page'
and facing the fact that I would need to re-hack this sort of BASIC usabilty
again and again in the future. I just said you konw what. I am going to
wait.  For two reasons the market I was approaching was not ready and the
tool I was attempting to manifest what i watned was going to be to costly.

=Kaliya

Choosing a solution for its technology, and not based on business needs, is