[consulting] Drupal considerd dangerous

neil.mcevoy at ondemand-network.com neil.mcevoy at ondemand-network.com
Wed Dec 27 07:41:51 UTC 2006

Hi Kaliya

> I think non-technical influencer's are critical and our opinions matter -

They sure do, they're the folks who help translate the strong technical
innovation into ideas and solutions to encourage the mass-market to adopt
the platform, which could help Drupal cross its own 'start-up chasm'.

> I have put down Drupal for now and my project that I was working on.  I
am currently working on open standards in identity and focused on how we
can get interoperability between systems with SSO to start with then
people moving profiles and hopefully in a while social graphs. HOpefully
those of you doing drupal development can participate where appropriate
with your sites.

Yes, I'm a fan, I was just reading your site yesterday. Drupal is doing
some cool stuff with identity, such as OpenID et al, and it would be a
real shame to lose your Drupal view of this activity. If there is anything
I can provide to help with to keep you involved, please let me know.

It is a platform worth taking these hits for imho. I speak as a start-up
that's also been badly bruised by choosing it, but I think the decision
will ultimately work extremely well. It's a timing thang and all that.

Best regards, Neil.