[consulting] Re: [CS partners] Supporting core Drupal development

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Thu Feb 9 00:36:26 UTC 2006

> In the next year I am expecting the economy around Drupal to continue on
> it's fantastic pace. I would not be surprised if by 2007 the economy was
> well over $20M annually. My big question here in Vancouver is: What can
> we do now to make sure that some of the money coming into the community
> over the next year is put back in to supporting the core work that we as
> a community are relying on?

there are lots of angles to this important goal.

my inital thought is that drupal.org could do more to encourage clients or
development shops to sponsor these projects. specifically, there ought to be
a place on the site where sponsors are highlighted and celebrated. i think
statements like "CCK sponsored by CivicActions" or "Themes 2.0 sponsored by
Bryght" are powerful, advertisements for those firms. If those
advertisements lead to more business, then the benefit is obvious and
everyone wins.