[consulting] Supporting core Drupal development

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Thu Feb 9 13:09:34 UTC 2006

Op donderdag 09 februari 2006 01:01, schreef Zack Rosen:
> In the next year I am expecting the economy around Drupal to continue
> on it's fantastic pace. I would not be surprised if by 2007 the
> economy was well over $20M annually. My big question here in
> Vancouver is: What can we do now to make sure that some of the money
> coming into the community over the next year is put back in to
> supporting the core work that we as a community are relying on?

Another great post, Zack!

My last attempt to find a way around this issue is, we teamed up with various
people to start a drupal hosting provider. That way I can
a) Focus on development, and leave other stuff to people who are better at
that.
b) Do long term development. When consulting, I most often need small
solutions, so for a short time. I have so many large projects that do not get
the time they deserve/need because the client changed his/her mind during the
project. A pity.
c) Think bigger. Not only in terms of a small contributed module, or a theme
function, but in terms of a distro! :)

I thought it could be usefull to share my personal solution for this :)

Bèr