[consulting] Selling Drupal to consultants

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Mon Feb 13 07:53:29 UTC 2006

On Monday 13 February 2006 01:35, Bill Fitzgerald wrote:
> Yeah, this seems like a pretty hard sell -- not because there isn't
> logic in what you say, but because, despite the logic of what you say,
> they have made it pretty clear they want to go in a different direction
> as far as a business plan. As you say, this is more about your own
> sanity, but, if I was in your shoes, I would view these conversations as
> opportunities to create points of reference.
>
> When an organization is making money, it's hard to persuade anybody to
> change the focus/plan. However, by creating these points of reference
> now, you will have less talking to do if/when things slow down.
>
> So, say it now to keep yourself sane. Say it later to help them continue
> making money. When it becomes clear that your advice will get them more
> business, at that point, I think they'll listen.
>
> Bill

Well to clarify a bit, by "keep myself sane" I mean not having to reinvent the
wheel and not having to end up with a slightly different CMS for every client
(which is what we've had in the past and I fear will happen with anything I
write from scratch, even if I'm using Drupal as an inspiration).  I want to
improve our flexibility and turnaround time and reduce coding stress. :-)

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry at garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012

Jefferson