[consulting] Selling Drupal to consultants

Bill Fitzgerald bill at funnymonkey.com
Mon Feb 13 07:35:00 UTC 2006

Yeah, this seems like a pretty hard sell -- not because there isn't
logic in what you say, but because, despite the logic of what you say,
they have made it pretty clear they want to go in a different direction
as far as a business plan. As you say, this is more about your own
sanity, but, if I was in your shoes, I would view these conversations as
opportunities to create points of reference.

When an organization is making money, it's hard to persuade anybody to
change the focus/plan. However, by creating these points of reference
now, you will have less talking to do if/when things slow down.

So, say it now to keep yourself sane. Say it later to help them continue
making money. When it becomes clear that your advice will get them more
business, at that point, I think they'll listen.

Bill

--
Bill Fitzgerald
http://www.funnymonkey.com