[consulting] and they call it drupalcamp

David Geilhufe dgeilhufe at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 23 00:57:03 UTC 2006

Back in the dot com boom, a company called ARS Digita did "boot camps."  I like the name "Drupal Camp"

These basically were 2-5 day training sessions for developers. You went the camp, learned some basics and then completed some "problem sets" collaboratively with the folks at the boot camp. A problem set would be something like creating a module. Perhaps the problems could be something like:

1. Create a basic module.
2. Create a module that exercises parts of the Drupal API thoroughly.
3. Create a new theme
4. ?

This would also be a great addition to the handbook for folks to self-study.

If someone with more drupal skills were to work with me, we could come up with a few problem sets to start putting together on the Handbook.

david

--
David Geilhufe
dgeilhufe at socialsourcefoundation.org