[consulting] and they call it drupalcamp

Jason Flatt drupal at oadae.net
Thu Feb 23 13:13:21 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 22 February 2006 07:48 pm, Richard Orris wrote:
> I think we need to schedule this at least 4 - 6 weeks to give ample
> time to plan and for people to clear their schedules and register.
>
> Possible dates in conjunction with events (Dates are for events.
> Plan before of after):
> * SXSW - Austin, TX - March 10 - 19
> * N-TEN/Penguin Day - Seattle, WA - March 22 - 25
> * PDF - New York, NY - May 15
> * NetSquared - San Francisco/San Jose, CA - May 30 - 31
>
> Other dates?

I posted a query on drupal.org yesterday about an events calendar of Drupal
related events [0].  It would be nice to include these camps, and possibly
their related book-ended events, as well, if something like that calendar is
or becomes a reality.

> We had talked about breaking up bootcamps into module development,
> theme integration, etc. so there can be an realistic goal instead of
> just teaching "Drupal".

While, I'm personally not very interested in something basic, like how to
install Drupal, I'm also not currently interested in attending a camp that
only focuses on one aspect of building Drupal site.  I am more interested in
a well-rounded curriculum that covers many aspects of building and
maintaining a Drupal site.  (You know, like in case anyone cared.  :^))

[0] http://drupal.org/node/50811

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadae.net/