[consulting] and they call it drupalcamp -PHP Snippets and the handbook need love

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Thu Feb 23 15:25:18 UTC 2006

On Feb 22, 2006, at 3:01 PM, Noel Hidalgo wrote:
> so in my one good thought a day...
>
> for those of you planning a drupal day or two day crash courses...
> you should call it drupal camp.
>
> i'm envisioning the little water guy/gal in front of the barcamp
> "camp"
>
> thoughts? ideas?

Camps are nice.  I think you should do them.  It makes sense for
businesses to recruit local developers at these events.

But if you write a good page of documentation then hundreds ,
thousands, and even tens of thousands of people will read it and use
it 24/7/365 from all around the world.   I have included a partial
days handbook traffic on programming topics alone.  If every Drupal
volunteer and Drupal related business spent just 1 hour a month
helping with developer training documentation we could train
thousands of developers to use the platform in an economically
accessible way.

Most popular handbook pages: http://drupal.org/node/508
12	Module developer's guide	180	80858
13	Theme developer's guide	172	99690
14	PHPTemplate theme engine	160	81897
16	PHPTemplate Theme Snippets	140	7427
17	PHP page snippets	139	43870
19	PHP snippets	131	16633
20	Drupal's APIs	119	43365
29	Actions snippets	85	1284
41	Page.tpl.php	63	27622
46	Creating a new PHPTemplate	58	34108
47	Views snippets	58	2021
57	Overriding other theme functions	50	19629
59	Node.tpl.php	47	19071
63	Theme snippets	45	11508
64	Coding standards	45	20929
81	Developing for Drupal	39	50644