[consulting] and they call it drupalcamp -PHP Snippets and the handbook need love

Gregory Heller gregory at civicactions.com
Thu Feb 23 16:22:01 UTC 2006

Different people learn differently.  While contributing to documentation
and handbooks will certainly help some (many) folks, it might not get
them from 0 to 30 in 2 days, and it might not help find and cultivate
new full time drupal developers, which is the goal many of us have been
talking about for DrupalCamps.

Kieran Lal wrote:
> On Feb 22, 2006, at 3:01 PM, Noel Hidalgo wrote:
>> so in my one good thought a day...
>>
>> for those of you planning a drupal day or two day crash courses...
>> you should call it drupal camp.
>>
>> i'm envisioning the little water guy/gal in front of the barcamp "camp"
>>
>> thoughts? ideas?
>
> Camps are nice.  I think you should do them.  It makes sense for
> businesses to recruit local developers at these events.
>
> But if you write a good page of documentation then hundreds ,
> thousands, and even tens of thousands of people will read it and use
> it 24/7/365 from all around the world.   I have included a partial
> days handbook traffic on programming topics alone.  If every Drupal
> volunteer and Drupal related business spent just 1 hour a month
> helping with developer training documentation *we could train
> thousands of developers* to use the platform in an economically
> accessible way.
>
> Most popular handbook pages: http://drupal.org/node/508
> 12 Module developer's guide 180 80858
> 13 Theme developer's guide 172 99690
> 14 PHPTemplate theme engine 160 81897
> 16 PHPTemplate Theme Snippets 140 7427
> 17 PHP page snippets 139 43870
> 19 PHP snippets 131 16633
> 20 Drupal's APIs 119 43365
> 29 Actions snippets 85 1284
> 41 Page.tpl.php 63 27622
> 46 Creating a new PHPTemplate 58 34108
> 47 Views snippets 58 2021
> 57 Overriding other theme functions 50 19629
> 59 Node.tpl.php 47 19071
> 63 Theme snippets 45 11508
> 64 Coding standards 45 20929
> 81 Developing for Drupal 39 50644
> 85 Plain PHP themes 38 21903
> 92 SQL snippets 37 3599
> 95 Comment.tpl.php 35 11880
>
> Cheers,
> Kieran

----
Gregory Heller
http://www.CivicActions.com
http://www.GregoryHeller.com
AIM/SKYPE: GregoryHeller

The content of this email message is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License, Some Rights Reserved.

Get Firefox! The Browser you can trust http://www.mozilla.com
Reclaim you inbox with Thunderbird! http://www.mozilla.com