[consulting] Drupal Professions Shop Conference Call

Stephen Eisenmenger stephen at fivefivefour.com
Thu Feb 23 17:44:49 UTC 2006

Gregory Heller wrote:

> >I would like to propose the first call for Tuesday, February 28th, 2006
> >at 4pm eastern, 1Pm pacific (and whatever time that is wherever you are)
> >for 60 to 90 minutes.  Really just an oportunnity to check in and talk
> >in real time about things that are happening.
> >

> >Please respond to this message (keeping the subject and headers intact)
> >with the following information by Friday 2/24/06 at 5PM pacific (i will
> >then consolidate the results, reserver a conference line and send out a
> >notice to this list):
> >    Are you interested in this type of call?

Yes.

> >    Are you available to make this particular date/time?

Yes

> >    Do you have anything specific you would like to put on the agenda at
> >this time?

Kinda.  Our core service offering centers around Drupal.  We'd like to see
ecommerce get to a higher level and CivicRM to a level where our clients could
use them as part of their toolsets.  The community seems to be inching closer
on those two items.

We usually face a problem of obtaining developer resources.  If we are able to
secure development resources, we fight balancing the open source model with
immediate client needs.  If a client needs development to make their solution
work we discourage them from that functionality and try to get them into a
simple way to accomplish what they want which probably isn't quite as slick
from a user standpoint.

~Stephen Eisenmenger
FiveFiveFour, LLC
612-823-3955