[consulting] Drupal Professions Shop Conference Call

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Fri Feb 24 00:50:03 UTC 2006

Moshe Weitzman wrote:

>> Does anybody else find it a bit strange that all of a sudden people
>> who haven't been active in the Drupal community want to be the
>> cheerleaders of Drupal enterprises and define who is allowed to join
>> their ranks?
>

> I hear you Gerhard, but you are barking in the wrong direction here.

Don't think so.

> CivicActions has attended the past 2 Drupalcons,

True, but sitting at a conference table does not neccessarily help the
Drupal project.

> and has released significant enterprise loving code like CiviCRM.

Huh? I don't think Donald Lobo works for CivicActions.

> Greg was recognized a leader during The Vancouver conference and we
> are lucky as a project to have him evangelizing for us.

I am not convinced yet.

> The work of CivicActions and Civicspace over the past months and years
> has contributed hugely to Drupal's rising tide. As consultants, we owe
> them at least a thank you, if not 5% of our paychecks.

I'd be inclined to admit that CSL has done a lot for Drupal awareness,
but I don't think so the same is true for CivicActions.

And, when push comes to shove, I still define "contributing to Drupal"
by "# of core patches" of which I haven't seen any from CA. Or
documentation or anything else.

> Drupal shops are entitled to their own conf call and the organizer
> gets to decide who joins. Thats how meetings work.

Sure, they can talk to whoever they want, but I don't think the shown
procedure will buy them a lot of credibility with Drupal people in general.

Cheers,
    Gerhard