[consulting] Drupal Professions Shop Conference Call

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Fri Feb 24 18:16:33 UTC 2006

Op vrijdag 24 februari 2006 18:10, schreef Moshe Weitzman:
>  don't join the guild if you don't want to.
> don't participate in conference calls if you don't want to.  Ber - once
> again you are spreading FUD. this is like a kid in the playground who
> pushes people looking for a fight.

That is my whole point. I followed the thread untill the tone got really
nasty. Then I tried to show the people bithching at eachother that there is
actually nothing to bitch about.

People seem to get the *feeling* that stuff is "enforced" upon them. Where did
I say that this is actually happening?
Or at least seem to get the feeling  that people are telling them to do stuff
in a way they don't like. Did i say this is the case, currently?

I know that no-one has to participatein any of the proposed plans, that is my
whole point. We should avoid to give others that feeling. And apparently, the
nasty and strong replies, indicate that a some of our developers seem to
misunderstand this.

I believe in a guild system, I love the idea of apprenctices. But I think
others misunderstood the ideas completely, and again others saw the proposal
as a rant on how stuff goes, instead of a solution. My mail tried to explain
that.

Is that considered "spreading FUD again? When one tries to step inbetween and
show both parties that they are not at all "two parties" but in fact one. Am
i then pshingpeople for a fight? Showing people the problem from another
point of view?

It seems that a lot of peoples intentions are misunderstood lately. And it
seems a lot of really personal bitching has come out of that too.

 We should recognise that critique is good. Not bad.
 We should never direct that critique at persons, because then it becomes
bitching. Then we slip words like "you have not", "you are .. again" etc
inbetween.
 We shoould recognise that person A has a different problem then B, different
itches. And that that means that A and B's solutions can conflict. That is
not bad.

Ber