[consulting] A defense for new users

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Sat Feb 25 04:44:51 UTC 2006

Robert Castelo wrote:
> Kieran,
> Blink
> Malcolm Gladwell
> http://www.itconversations.com/shows/detail230.html
>
> I'm not suggesting your research is wrong - just pointing out that it's
> possible for consumer surveys to lead products in completely the wrong
> direction, no matter how expert the people carrying them out, the scale
> of testing, or the budgets spent.

Nonetheless:

data > no data
*bad* data > no data

More to the point, I remain entirely unilluminated after
Kieran's superlong post about why his stuff can't be
achieved in themes and modules.  And am more than a little
surprised that he didn't use some small portion of those
hundreds of words to telling us.

[And what the hell it's got to do with this list.]

jh