[consulting] HOWTO: How to hire Drupal site developer

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 18:39:46 UTC 2006

On 2/24/06, Kieran Lal <kieran at civicspacelabs.org> wrote:
> http://drupal.org/node/51169
>
> I have put up a very rough outline for how to hire a Drupal site
> developer.  Feel free to change it. I just wanted to get the
> discussion going so we can help potential customers who are hearing
> different things from members of the community about what they should
> be looking for.

I've added some information to the page including pointing people at
the "Common Uses of Drupal and Required Skills" page which has similar
content.  I also explained several ways to find developers/advertise
jobs which is somewhat redundant with other sections of the handbook.

> My current personal pet peeve "To build a Drupal site you must hire a
> core Drupal developer".  Let's crush this kind of customer fear,
> uncertainty, and doubt.

That makes plenty of sense.  After adding to the page I kind of got
the feeling that aside from this point the rest of the content is
relatively redundant with other information, but maybe I just
misunderstood your intentions with the page.

> Post your version in comments on the page, to the documentation list,
> or to as a documentation issue and I'll update this page.

Sorry - I forgot this part and just edited directly.  Feel free to
revert my changes if they are headed in a different direction than you
intended.

Greg