[consulting] A defense for new users

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Sat Feb 25 19:15:19 UTC 2006

Bill Fitzgerald wrote:

>> I sincerely believe that this thread serves only to attempt
>> to put this list as a group in conflict with the people
>> managing the 4.7 release.
>>
> Could you explain what you mean by this? My (potential mis)understanding
> of this thread was that it was about making more choices available to
> users -- which, as I see it, is a good thing. However, it appears to
> have stirred pretty deep reactions both pro and con. What am I missing?

Either nothing or everything.  I'm beginning to have trouble
determining which  :)

I've just taken most of my concern offlist with Kieran at
his instigation (thanks are due to him for that), but the
short version of my peeve is:  talking about sweeping
changes to Drupal now for v4.7 is silly, and in any case
this thread contains no specific information, but thousands
of words of waffle and handwaving.

In my opinion.

Hoping this will cool off now, with all due recognition of
my own role in warming it up.

jh