[consulting] Re: CMS comparison

Eric Lawrence ericlawrence at gmail.com
Tue May 9 17:21:10 UTC 2006

> Message: 10
> Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 10:00:00 -0700
> From: Kieran Lal <kieran at civicspacelabs.org>
> Subject: Re: [consulting] CMS comparison
> To: A list for Drupal consultants and Drupal service/hosting providers
>         <consulting at drupal.org>
>

> On May 9, 2006, at 9:45 AM, John Sechrest wrote:
>

> > Today I saw the article about CMS War:
> >
> > http://www.torkiljohnsen.com/2006/05/09/cms-war/
> >
> > And it looks from the graph that drupal is doing well, but that
> > Joomla is doing better.
> >
> > What are the features of Joomla that people are reacting to, which
> > drupal does not have?
> >

> > What are the features of drupal that people don't know, but which
> > if they did, would cause them to prefer drupal?
>

> I don't think the about Drupal section is doing Drupal justice.  We
> need more information that consulting shops are looking for.
>
> Kieran

I hate to admit this but the tipping point that got me into Mambo over
Drupal was the default template.  It is bright, inviting, interesting.  I'm
sorry but blue marine doesn't do it for me.  I've since come to my senses
and moved over to drupal for all of my development/design work but those
coulple months before i realized how big of mess Mambo is was time I  spent
not making cool Drupal stuff I could brag about to others.

I've seen some good themes get ported recently but maybe we need a
structured theme inititive of sorts.  That bit of eye candy is often what
pursuades people who haven't taken the time to really investigate the
differences in a thoughtful way.

End of consulting Digest, Vol 6, Issue 5