[consulting] CMS comparison

Adrian Simmons adrinux at perlucida.com
Wed May 10 09:13:15 UTC 2006

Khalid B wrote:
> How about just "community content platform" ?
That's basically just a Drupal distro though, admittedly the only one
available from drupal.org right now :)

About the most inclusive term I can think of is 'web site development
framework', but that's hardly sexy.

I can also say I don't particularly like Drupal's brand, from the 'community
plumbing' to the playful 'kewl' Druplicon - they're not bad per se, they
just don't seem to fit what Drupal is and where it's going, and they're not
particularly the sort of thing you want to point at when telling a customer
  you want to build a site on Drupal.

I think Drupal is growing up and it needs a grown up brand that suggests
strength, reliability and trustworthiness.

How could that happen? I think we need to follow through on a suggestion
that's been made before, pull all of the dev stuff on drupal.org into a
different site, dev.drupal.org can keep druplicon and the 'fun to work with'
image, whilst drupal.org would have a more sober marketing oriented image.
It doesn't even actually need to be a separate site, Drupal is quite capable
of presenting two 'fronts' in one site :)

--
Adrian Simmons (aka adrinux) <http://adrinux.perlucida.com>
e-mail <mailto:adrinux at perlucida.com>