[consulting] CMS comparison

Darrel O'Pry dopry at thing.net
Wed May 10 15:22:18 UTC 2006

I think the fact that Drupal is on the go, creates a lot of the business
opportunities around it. You can create stabilized distributions, See
CivicSpace, you can do an ASP see Bryght, you can do consulting, see
lullabot, advomatic, trellon. Just to name the first few that come to
mind.

However, I don't think any single person posing as a consulting firm can
keep up with all of Drupal, and and have all the skills necessary to
implement advanced Drupal setups. You need to find partners and develop
relationships within the Drupal community, and I think working with it
as platform and business will be easier. I haven't really had a lot of
problems with upgrades yet, but I came around at the beginning of 4.6
and my first upgrade has been 4.7. Which had a lot of update code added
to simply the upgrade paths.

.darrel.