[consulting] Planning DrupalCamp Code Sprint in Portland July 19th-23rd

Zack Rosen zack at civicspacelabs.org
Sat May 13 00:34:37 UTC 2006

http://groups.drupal.org/node/455

After talking with a lead Plone developer the other day who told me
that code sprints are by and large hugely productive events for the
Plone community I’ve decided to throw my hat in the ring to help
organize one for Drupal.

Dates

The dates I’ve been throwing down are July 19th-23rd (OSCON is in
portland the 24th - 28th).

Location

We are looking into renting a cabin near Mt. Hood or the coast
equipped with wifi. If you have a better idea let us know.

Itinerary

The rough plan is to get a dozen or so serious Drupal hackers
together for 3-5 days. Attendees should show up with a pretty good
idea what they want to work on and hopefully will be tackling
problems that are best solved collaboratively. Every night we will go
around and demo what’s been accomplished during the day. If Drumm can
come we’ll have him help cook pancakes and big hippy/vegan dinners.
We’ll also make sure to have some fun outdoors.
Logistics

     * Bill F <bill at funnymonkey.com> is going to help look for a
suitable cabin to rent. If you want to help please contact him.
     * We are going to need to find some sponsorship to pull this
event off. If you have any leads please contact me.
     * If you are interest in participating and / or organizing
please leave a comment here or contact me.

-Zack