[consulting] [WANTED] Sub-contract Developer/Consultant

Valley Renter drupal-cms at valleyrenter.com
Mon May 15 14:40:51 UTC 2006

FOR IMMEDIATE POSTING

The Valley Renter, a housing action, residential rental service and
community portal, is seeking a short-term sub-contracted Drupal developer /
consultant.

Specific requirements include:

    a. integration of several Drupal modules into our 4.6.x installation [*]
    b. integration of a custom template/theme [+]
    c. user account and image upload integration with our
       PHP/MySQL based rental listing software
    d. recommendations for, or installation of, an e-commerce tool to
       facilitate listing payment

This is initially a short-term arrangement and the candidate will not become
an employee of Valley Renter. However, we prefer a candidate with whom we
can have a continuing relationship, who can recommend new or useful tools,
and with whom we can continue to work over time.

We have one other staff who is experienced in using Drupal and who can
handle delegated tasks such as installation, table creation, and related
work (the candidate may wish to minimize her time by delegating some tasks
to this resource, as she may see fit.)  This resource, then, is to be
considered "available to the developer, as needed."

Additional considerations:

The candidate must have a facility with the English language (bi-lingual
Spanish is a significant plus).

The candidate must have demonstrated prior experience with Drupal (this
requires that we see one or more Drupal or CivicSpace sites where the
candidate is/was the primary developer and where this can be verified.)

The candidate would be expected to agree to confidentiality in all areas of
our organization to which the candidate would be exposed.  This does not
apply to any modifications or additions to Drupal, if any (not expected),
that are applicable to the Drupal core license.  We do not expect any module
creation or other "original art", rather just integration of existing
components.

Compensation:

Compensation is negotiable and dependent on the final services arranged.
Applicants should be prepared to offer, after discussion, either a fixed bid
or a defined rate.

Preferred Nature:

We prefer a developer/consultant who is affable, easy-going, diligent and
not afraid to "tell us like it is".  We would rely on your knowledge of
Drupal to guide our development, rather than expect that you blindly take
orders.

The work will be primarily independent, but the candidate will be expected
to engage in dialogue and reporting with the project supervisor(s) in a
respectful, candid and open manner.

Estimated duration:

We expect a completion and launch cycle of approximately 4 weeks (not
full-time work for the candidate, but for the 'launch window' for our
service.)

Speak up:

If you are interested in housing action, rental listings or property
management issues and have the required experience, then please contact us
directly (OFF LIST) at our list address (the From address of this message.)

No reply will be made to those who post a response back to the list.

We look forward to hearing from you, and we thank you for your time in
considering this notice.

--

Thomas Walton
Director for Housing Action

Notes:

[*] Please do not recommend Drupal 4.7, as we have evaluated this release
and it does not currently meet our needs. Of course, we are always open to
new and well-articulated argument or the introduction of new evidence as to
the efficacy of 4.7.  CivicSpace is also a clear option for us and we would
consider using that product instead of Drupal.

[+] We will provide all graphic and other materials, and will need only
PHPTemplate/Drupal integration.