[consulting] Re: Drupal Jobs

Harry Slaughter harry at slaughters.com
Thu May 18 21:06:06 UTC 2006

Jason Diceman wrote:
> Hye Boris and all
>> Hmmm....I'm thinking I should open a "Drupal Jobs" group on
>> groups.drupal.org so this doesn't get overrun. Moshe gave me
>> permission to experiment with CCK and making an actual job posting
>> node type, but I haven't had time to complete this. Maybe I'll start
>> with a basic type, put it into moderation by default, and we can
>> direct random recruiter/posting types to there.
>>
>> What do people think?

If anything like this becomes useful, i think it should somehow be
synced up with or replace 'paid services' (http://drupal.org/forum/51)
as that seems to have become the primary homepage for drupal work (AFAIK).

I think the Drupal community should "support" a single location for this
type of thing.

personally, i think the forums and any sort of CCK job postings should
live under the same roof, such as jobs.drupal.org.

i think this destination might be the home for the following:

- job postings
- services offered
- discussion/forums/groups related to paid drupal objects

2 cents poorer,

harry

Harry Slaughter <-> harry at slaughters.com
Web Developer