[consulting] Affiliate module requirements

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Thu May 18 23:30:58 UTC 2006

Hi, I was asked to scope out a next generation affiliate module for
4.7.  I currently don' t have funding but thought others on the
consulting list might want a base for requirements if the notion of
affiliates came up.  Many of these features are available in two
module: user referral and the affiliate module.

Affiliate features
Track user by session  -affiliate and user referral
Provide user with affiliate link  - affiliate
New user account creation is linked to affiliate  - user referral
logs activities but not specifically new users
Track affiliate initiated purchases - user referral tracks but not
specifically purchases
Track affiliate click throughs - affiliate, user referral
Admin interface to create affiliate links - affiliate
Admin interface for per affiliate activity -
Affiliates have Drupal user account to see log of their affiliate
activity  -
Affiliates sessions allow automatic role_discount for ecomerce
purchases -
Affiliates based links allow for affiliate theme to be presented -

I hope someone can find those requirements useful for their clients.

Cheers,
Kieran