[consulting] Basic doc for consulting clients

Thomas Barregren thomas at webbredaktoren.se
Thu Oct 26 11:07:19 UTC 2006

Rob Barreca skrev:
> Does anyone have a basic document they give to consulting clients to
> help them get up to speed with common admin tasks such as
>
> - creating/modify new pages
> - using TinyMCE and img_assist to write content upload images
> - adding those pages to the menu
> - blogging
> - creating new user accounts
> - etc.
>
> I know it's pretty basic, but I'd like to get a solid, concise help doc
> that I can give to consulting clients to get them up-to-speed using
> Drupal. It would be cool to maintain this in CVS as well so other
> consultants could contribute to it, modify it, creating something solid
> to brand and distribute to clients.
>
> If there isn't anything good out there, let me know and I'll pull some
> info from the handbooks to start this off.

Good idea. I'm willing to contribute to such effort.

As consultant myself, I think the handbook is broken up into too many
and too brief snippets to be comprehensible for most of my customers. I
don't carp at the handbook, which I find very good with open source
measures and very useful for us Drupal versed. But there is a need - and
room - for a more custom oriented documentation. Another huge problem
with the handbook, which actually is a problem with the book.module, is
that it isn't possible to print the handbook as whole.

But instead of starting off a new documentation effort, would it not be
better to improve and/or supplement the handbook somehow? Or have I
misunderstood your intention?

Regards,
Thomas