[consulting] Basic doc for consulting clients

Robert Castelo robert.castelo at cortextcommunications.com
Fri Oct 27 20:40:35 UTC 2006

On 27 Oct 2006, at 16:45, Greg Knaddison - GVS wrote:

> On 10/27/06, Jakob Persson <jakob at jakob-persson.com> wrote:
>>  That's a good idea! It would be really neat if we could get animated
>> Flash
>> or movie tutorials that showed how a lot of basic things are done. I
>> know
>> phpBB got some free from demodemo.com in return of them linking back.
>> It's
>> worth looking into!
>
> There are several of these already.  The ones on Drupal.org are mostly
> targeted towards developers, but some have user directed information.
>
> http://drupal.org/node/63155
>
> And, (though it's slow at the moment) I made two screencasts for a
> customer to show how to use the Event iCal feed and also how to use
> RSS to stay updated on site content.
>
> http://growingventuresolutions.com/tutorials-and-screencasts

The End User Guide is the natural place to build documentation we can
hand to clients:

http://drupal.org/node/6261

It was rescued from being buried several layers down and brought to the
top of "Installation and configuration". If we can add enough material
to it a case could be made for tuning it into a separate handbook.

The handbook could even be exported  and made available as a PDF for
download.

I've been planning to add material to it for the last few months, but
all my time is being eaten up by development and theming lately. So I'm
going to call in a favour on some journalists that I've been helping
out with their sites, this is one part of the documentation where not
knowing too much about Drupal is an advantage in explaining it.

Can we think of a list of topics that could be filled in?

Best regards,

Robert