[consulting] Help with marketing?

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Tue Sep 5 05:28:34 UTC 2006

On 9/4/06, Marnie Webb <marniewebb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Boris,
>
> Do you have any example one-pagers? Things you think really get the
> point across in the way that you think will work for O'Reilly's
> EuroOSCON.
>
> It might be helpful to have a model or two in mind...

I think we would be half way there if we had a decent outline. I added
some items to the wiki page:
https://svn.bryght.com/dev/wiki/DrupalOnePager

For most conference audiences (they all skew slightly depending on the
conference, but the basic buckets are the same, I believe), the
attendees are:
* organizations / decision makers looking for tools (what can this do for me?)
* consultants looking for tools (what can I do with this? what can it
do for my clients?)
* developers/technical (what does it do? speeds and feeds? is it easy
to tinker?)

For all, concepts like
* easy to extend in a modular way (aka no hacking, and we can change
it to do what we want)
* strong community ecosystem (there are lots of other folks using this)

Are good. Charts and graphs are good. Testimonials are good. Examples are good.

I'm trying to see if I can dig up the one pager for OSCON 2005. As far
as I know, some parts of the Federal Reserve Bank now use Drupal in
part because of the one pager and in part because of talking to people
at the booth.

-- Boris