[consulting] Still need help with a Drupal one page handout

Eric Goldhagen eric at openflows.org
Mon Sep 11 17:46:12 UTC 2006

>On 9/11/06, Eric Goldhagen <eric at openflows.org> wrote:
>>At 7:40 AM -0700 9/11/06, Boris Mann wrote:
>>>Hey all:
>>>
>>>I'm writing to ask for more help with a one page handout [1], as Dries
>>>and I are fully booked doing final preparations for DrupalCon.
>>>
>>>This is going to be quite general, and be a one page overview of
>>>Drupal similar to the handout for OSCON 2005 [2]. Ideally, we'll brand
>>>it with Drupal but not add any specific date items, or make it easy to
>>>edit so people can re-use it at other events or for their own
>>>purposes.
>>>
>>>Any additions to the page would be much appreciated, or even better,
>>>someone to stand up and own the process of refactoring and completing
>>>the text for the page.
>>>
>>>[1] https://svn.bryght.com/dev/wiki/DrupalOnePager
>>>[2] https://svn.bryght.com/dev/wiki/DrupalOnePagerOSCON2005
>>
>>I might have some time to help. Can you give me some more info?
>>
>>Who is the target audience? Is there a list of events to be included
>>as in the OSCON example?
>
>The target audience is conference attendees in general (i.e. not just
>EuroOSCON). At EuroOSCON, there will be more suits/consultants, at
>FOSDEM there are largely developers.
>
>Dries is giving a talk, and we might briefly mention BarCamp, GovCamp,
>and DrupalCon (although DrupalCon is full).
>
>>By when is the final version needed to allow for time to make copies?
>
>By early next week. We can easily go to a copy shop and get them made
>quickly. It's the wording / layout that needs work.

Thanks.

So the target audience is made up of people with some level of tech
background. This is to interest techies and others attending the
conference interested in looking more at drupal (and not aimed at
non-techie folks understanding why they should look for techies that
know drupal).

I will put up some text changes tomorrow night, and then wait for
others to add their changes to the wiki. Then on friday night (i've
got a 4 hour train ride with nothing to do) I will do the layout and
post that to the wiki for comment on saturday a.m.

I could then make a final version on the train ride back to NYC on
sunday evening.

--Eric