[consulting] Still need help with a Drupal one page handout

Eric Goldhagen eric at openflows.org
Wed Sep 20 15:56:25 UTC 2006

At 8:47 AM -0700 9/20/06, Boris Mann wrote:
>On 9/20/06, Eric Goldhagen <eric at openflows.com> wrote:
>>
>>forgive me, but I really don't understand what you are saying.
>>
>>At 12:25 AM -0700 9/20/06, Boris Mann wrote:
>>>We needed to update it locally, so ended up importing the text into
>>>Pages.
>>
>>pages? what type of pages? wiki? drupal?
>
>Pages is a layout program on Mac OS X -- just what we had access to
>at the time.

oh. ok. now I get it.

>>  >I'd like to do some more work on this in some common format
>>>that we can all do layout with. I don't know what that is, other than
>>>PDF,
>>
>>Scribus is a simple to use F/OSS layout/desktop publishing
>>application, which seems to me the only way to work in a common
>>format and why I uploaded both the pdf and scribus files.
>
>Yep...and it only runs on X11, which requires a bunch of steps to
>install on OS X, and doesn't run on Windows.

It does run indeed run in OS X as a native app, and the install
process takes about 3 minutes.

http://www.scribus.net/index.php?name=Sections&req=viewarticle&artid=3&page=1

for windows it is almost as simple
http://www.scribus.net/index.php?name=Sections&req=viewarticle&artid=2

:)

>>what do you mean "common format"
>>
>>common format for viewing the content? for doing layout changes?
>
>Layout. Pages is non-free and only on Mac OS X...so it's not ideal
>over Scribus either.
>
>>  >I guess, but we struggled with importing from that as well.
>>
>>importing what to what?
>
>There was some funkiness with the PDF so I couldn't easily export the
>text from it. It all worked out in the end, just goes to show that
>this stuff needs to be easier.

ah. understood.

Thanks for the the clarification and for the work you did on the layout.

--Eric