[consulting] games customers play

Richard Archer rha at juggernaut.com.au
Sun Apr 15 20:56:24 UTC 2007

At 11:07 AM -0300 15/4/07, Victor Kane wrote:

>I will have to take my business elsewhere."
>Consultant (right answer): please do!

If you're offered the chance to work for equity, it's always
worth looking over the business plan with a critical eye.

Sure, you're never going to be offered the next Google to build,
but there are people out there with excellent ideas and some of
them even have realistic expectations and the funds to establish
the new business.

I'm sure everyone in this business is very experienced with the
Internet and how people use it. So it should be pretty obvious
if an idea is likely to take off.

Likewise, we all know how to build a site, so we know whether
the project is technically viable.

Business matters are a little harder to grasp... you need to
ensure:

- The project has a business plan (BP)!!
- The BP considers competition, current and future
- The BP considers the profile of potential customers
- The BP includes realistic development time frame
- The project is realistically budgeted
- The BP considers promotion for the completed project.

If all these factors are positive, and you have some spare
time to invest into a gamble, the project may well be worth
considering.

 ...R.