[consulting] Drupal Certification and Requirements

Kevin Reynen kreynen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 15:20:18 UTC 2007

Karoly,

Isn't that a bit like saying modules don't need documentation?  If
someone wants to know what a module does, can't they just read the
code?

I've had several MSDN certifications over the years and I agree that
they are essentially meaningless, but  asking a potential employer to
take a look at a job candidate's commits stopped being realistic when
Drupal related jobs started popping up at places other than shops run
by key Drupal developers.

The great work you, Earl, and many other contributors done over the
years have led to Drupal's adoption outside these initial developer
run shops.

Believe it or not, there are people out there who are smart enough to
recognize Drupal's strengths, but aren't a developer and can't
evaluate the quality of a candidate's commits.

Not everyone is a developer... and that's a good thing.

- Kevin Reynen