[consulting] Drupal Certification and Requirements

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Wed Dec 26 01:35:38 UTC 2007

Merry Christmas!

Mark Shuttleworth has an interesting take on community approach to
commercial training materials: http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/134

It's an interesting approach to how to meet the need for a huge investment
in training materials.  Drupal documentation currently has 2400 book pages
of CC licensed content.  Steven Peck has already aggregated and distributed
a "Getting started" book using some of this material.

Djun Kim has explained on the documentation list how we could extract
content from the handbooks into an open format for book publishing.

If you read into the comments, you'll see that Mark is explicitly targeting
the LPI certifications.  We learned earlier in this thread those costs were
about 400K.  I think collaboration with the documentation team and use of
open standards and open licenses is an exciting model for training more
people to use Drupal.

Cheers,
Kieran