[consulting] ActiveCollab

Laura Scott laura at pingv.com
Fri Jan 5 00:04:03 UTC 2007

On Jan 4, 2007, at 3:22 AM, Sami Khan wrote:

> In relation to tracking cases and what consultants are currently
> using,
> I thought I would put ActiveCollab on your radar if it's not already
> there. It's "*an easy to use, web based, open source collaboration and
> project management tool*." I haven't had a chance to try it out or
> compare it to current solutions including case tracker, but I
> thought I
> might put it out there for discussion. The guy writing it is
> writing an
> API in order to help other apps communicate with it. I don't know if
> it's been already discussed, so please excuse me if it has.
>
> Screenshot:
> http://www.activecollab.com/files/screenshots/project-overview.png

We're exploring working with case tracker, but your message got us to
look at activeCollab again. One-click install on our Dreamhost
playground made it easy to check out again. It has made big
improvements since the last version. The time tracking seems to be
near the top of the todo list, so maybe we'll see that added in
coming months. They also have developing an API slated before that,
so perhaps there will be ways to integrate.

Laura