[consulting] preview of a home page

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Sat Jan 6 23:14:37 UTC 2007

On 1/6/07, Bèr Kessels <ber at webschuur.com> wrote:
> Op zaterdag 6 januari 2007 19:23, schreef Earl Miles:
> > Yea, you're right, Ber. The time I've spent writing tools to help make
> > Drupal into a publishing platform has been a TOTAL waste of time.
> >
> > Seriously, I should just turn my work toward Joomla! instead and quit
> > wasting your time too.
>
> Let me stress and repeat: I am NOT saying drupal can't be used for a pure
> publishing platform, i've been using it as such for almost 4 years now! I've
> ben running a my company around this concept for the last 3 years!
>
> I am saying, I repeat: There are other tools around that do a better job, IF
> ALL YOU NEED IS A SIMPLE PUBLISHING PLATFORM.
>
> So don't get snappy on me for telling people there are alternatves to Drupal.
> There are. Wordpress IS a better blogging tool for Bob Blogger, if you can't
> live with that fact, ask Gerhard, if then you are still not convinced then
> look at the figures.

Agreed, and offtopic.

> So why should we tell people who ask questions as 'how do I preview the
> homepage the way my users see it' that Drupal Is NOT up to this task?

Because this is a Drupal consulting list and someone was looking for a
solution, not other tools in this case. And, it is up to the task, it
just has to be done a different way because it's not a simple
publishing solution. I believe the consultants on this list can make
up their own mind if they need to pick a different tool.

I think we can end this thread and move on to something more productive. Thanks.

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747