[consulting] Userreview or Nodereview?

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Tue Jan 16 00:59:06 UTC 2007

On Monday 15 January 2007 4:18 pm, Boris Mann wrote:

> > You could probably use cck nodereference and fivestar and some theming
> > snippets to make a "fivestar as node" content type that works very
> > similarly to Usernode and Nodereview.  I don't believe there's a mode
> > where you could use fivestar on multiple axes, though.
> >
> > There's also http://drupal.org/project/votingapi_field which could
> > work in a similar way (nodereference +
> > votingapi_field-as-multiple-fields) to create a reviews as node
> > multiple axes type deal.  Of course votingapi_field is still described
> > as being unsuitable for production sites, but maybe a little attention
> > or help could get it ready.

I actually considered votingapi_field for nodereview's next version, but
decided against it because votingapi_field puts its interface on the view
display of a node rather than the edit display.  It's a field for reviewing
the node the field is on rather than for being part of a node that is a
review.  That's fine for some cases, but not for the sort of things that
nodereview is aimed at.

That said, I do want to move nodereview toward a more "new age Drupal" setup
(CCK fields and value-add and so on); I just don't know how yet.

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry at garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012

Jefferson