[consulting] Userreview or Nodereview?

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Mon Jan 15 22:18:04 UTC 2007

On 1/15/07, Greg Knaddison - GVS <Greg at growingventuresolutions.com> wrote:
> On 1/15/07, Boris Mann <boris at bryght.com> wrote:
> >
> > No, not the same thing at all. I was specifically looking for reviews-as-nodes.
> >
> > Fivestar does rating only, and does it fairly well, and I'm using that already.
>
> I think it's "not the same thing _kinda_".

You're right....since I haven't defined my requirements clearly :P ---
which are basically out of the box reviews-as-nodes which userreview
and nodereview both do (up with merging!) rather than me figuring out
all the separate views that would be needed :P

> You could probably use cck nodereference and fivestar and some theming
> snippets to make a "fivestar as node" content type that works very
> similarly to Usernode and Nodereview.  I don't believe there's a mode
> where you could use fivestar on multiple axes, though.
>
> There's also http://drupal.org/project/votingapi_field which could
> work in a similar way (nodereference +
> votingapi_field-as-multiple-fields) to create a reviews as node
> multiple axes type deal.  Of course votingapi_field is still described
> as being unsuitable for production sites, but maybe a little attention
> or help could get it ready.

And let me just say: thanks to everyone for high signal-to-noise over
the past while....been some great sharing.

Enjoy your Drupal 5 release day!

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747