[consulting] "How to write a RFP"

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Wed Jan 17 19:24:24 UTC 2007

On 1/17/07, Evan Leibovitch <evan at telly.org> wrote:
> Paul Rooney wrote:
> > I'd be interested in learning how shops that do not bid on projects  present their argument to potential clients. A developers version of
> > http://www.no-spec.com could benefit everyone *if* there was a critical  mass of professionals that adhered to that policy. Unfortunately, there seem to be lots of companies that are willing to devote lots of time without guarantee of compensation.

It's all about opportunity cost. Working on your own projects or
connecting with an organization that wants to partner with you rather
than jumping through spec writing hoops may be a better use of your
time than responding to RFPs.

That said...when I see a *well written* RFP....I get excited that I'm
going to likely be working with a great organization.

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747