[consulting] Drupal v5.2 & .ASP Integration - Need to Contract a few Hours of Help

Ron Dorman rwd at simplydigtech.net
Mon Oct 1 22:09:17 UTC 2007

Hello Drupal Developers,

I know most folks are busy with D6 but I have had a schedule change and
need some help.

We are moving an existing site into Drupal. The existing site has an
Associate program that provides web sites for the Associates. However it
is not really additional / customized sites, it simply grabs a portion
of the requested URL and gets some data out of a MSSQL database, third
party providers for back-office software, and then redirects to the
corporate site.

Analysis and Requirements of small project:

Current functionality
1. An Associate has someone visit their site, which is the corporate
site URL with their Associate site name appended as a sub-directory,
such as www.example.com/site_name/.
2. A custom 404 .asp page takes the sub-directory portion of the URL and
reads the third party MSSQL database with 'site_name' as the key value,
requesting several fields of data.
3. If data is returned, it is stuffed into the .asp session for use in a
few places throughout the corporate site, and the user is redirected to
the front/home page of the corporate site.
4. If no data is returned, the user receives a 404 page.

Requirements
Make the above functionality work in the new Drupal site, making the
data retrieved from the third party server available to Drupal for use
in the theme and content.

I posted an inquiry to the dev list a couple of weeks ago, see thread
subject 'ASP Integration with Drupal?' started Aug, 15, 2007.

I was just beginning my analysis to determine the best way to do this
(I'm am not yet familiar with Drupal internals). Now I have been asked
if we could have this running by Thursday of this week. With the other
items on my to-do list I do not have time to figure out how to do this
and make it work. It will not be a big issue if we slip past Thursday on
this, but I can't let it slip to far past, and I would like to deliver
by Thursday if possible.

I expect for someone who knows Drupal well, and some .asp, it would only
be an hour or few project.

If you are interested, please respond with billing rates and
availability. I can provide current .asp code and be readily available
for answering questions and making any needed decisions.

I thank you for your time and consideration.

Ron D.

--
Ron Dorman
Simply Digital Technologies